- 1 cup unflavored Shaklee Instant Protein SOY MIX -or- Shaklee Energizing Soy Protein, Vanilla
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 3/4 cup honey (buy raw, organic honey when possible)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavor extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
A more healthy alternative: Substitute carob chips sweetened with fructose. Healthier yet: Use carob chips sweetened with fruit juice
- Combine oats, protein powder in large bowl; set aside.
- Bring honey to a light boil on stove.
- Immediately remove from heat;
- stir in peanut (nut) butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Immediately add honey mixture to the dry mixture until well mixed.
- Refrigerate for 20-25 min.
- Stir in chocolate or carob chips or raisins and press into 8″ x 8″ pan.
- Refrigerate 20-25 min. or until firm.
- Divide into 12 bars and serve.
Store bars in airtight container. Keep refrigerated. Yield: 12 bars.